So I realize that we have been a little MIA on the blog scene lately, and that’s pretty much due to the fact that the last month has been filled with the following:
– scraping the popcorn ceilings off of the whole house
– scraping wallpaper (INCREDIBLY STUBBORN wallpaper, that is) off of three of the biggest rooms in the house and three bathrooms
– ripping out carpet, padding, linoleum, and plywood
– changing out hardware
– taping, sanding, priming, and painting…and painting, and painting, and….we’re still not done
– going on approximately 50 Lowes runs (with our 10% off coupons in hand, of course)
– the list goes on!
If you can’t tell, we have officially embarked on our second remodel project. Even though this is our second home and both homes have been “fixer-uppers”, this particular remodel is exciting for us because we have taken on leadership of scheduling, budgeting, and coordinating. While we are incredibly thankful for the wisdom of people like my dad who have such wonderful experience in this field, it is also fun to take on this responsibility together. We have definitely made a few mistakes along the way, but we are thankful for the learning process that we have gotten to go through.
We are so thankful that we have been blessed with such an incredible home! It’s been a bit of a challenge to round up pictures, mostly because our cameras are in storage, but we’re excited to share them with you soon.