Since I’ve been posting a lot of pictures around the house but no real pictures of the house, I thought it would be fun to share a before and after of the room we’ve made the most progress on- the kitchen. Since we spend so much time in here on a daily basis, it was top on our list of priorities. We’re pretty happy with the result!
To spruce things up a bit, we:
– Scraped the popcorn from the ceilings
– Got rid of the lovely Little House on the Prairieesque wallpaper
– Had the cabinets and trim painted Westhighland White (Sherwin Williams)
– Painted the walls Rain (upper) and Westhighland White (lower) by Sherwin Williams (color matched in Valspar paint)
– Replaced the island light fixture with a pot rack from Lowes
– Replaced the dining area fixture with a neat pulley-style light fixture from the Pottery Barn outlet (love that place!)
– Switched out the hardware for oil rubbed bronze pulls
– Spray painted the hinges in oil rubbed bronze paint (a suggestion from our painter, who was thankfully very sympathetic to our budget and willing to give us expert advice)
– Switched out the door hardware for oil rubbed bronze knobs
– Had the moldy, nasty linoleum replaced with Red Oak hardwoods to match the front two rooms
At the risk of totally overloading this post with pictures, I’ll save the afters for tomorrow. Come back to see them!