Today, I woke up to discover a few wonderful things- fresh snow, a 2 hour delay, and my first blog award! Clearly, I’m excited about all of these things, but I feel especially honored by the blog award, given to me by Alely over at http://ohsweetleeme.blogspot.com/. She lives in Charlotte and we have several interests in common. I’ve loved looking through her blog and finding sweet encouragement and fun inspiration! Here is the award she so “sweetlee” sent my way:
The rules that accompany this award are that you must list 10 things that people may not know about you, then pass it on to 10 deserving bloggy ladies. It’s hard to think of what to put on my list, but here it is:
1) I asked for a steam mop for Christmas. I thought it was a perfectly acceptable gift request- the 7th graders I teach thought it was hilarious. Apparently, steam mops are not as popular as ipods and Wiis. Who knew?
2) When I was 11, my dad scuba dove with sharks while I snorkled above him. With no one around me but the girl manning the boat. At the time, it seemed fine. Now, it freaks me out.
3) One of my biggest cleaning pet-peeves is a slimy sink. Thankfully, I have learned how to shine my sink like a pro. More on this later.
4) I’m the only child of a single dad (my mom passed away when I was a baby)- therefore, I grew up in a relatively quiet house. For this reason, I sometimes marvel at the fact that I chose to become a teacher.
5) I’m almost incapable of just watching TV. I love multi-tasking.
6) I once told my husband, “I will never date you.” I was dead serious. Thankfully, I was also dead wrong.
7) My dad sat in the center of the front row for all of my dance recitals growing up. I was in a lot of dance recitals.
8) I have a slight addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper.
9) I have been to 4 Chick Fila “First 100” campouts. My husband has been to 10 (we think). That amounts to thousands of dollars in free chicken that we have very happily consumed. This may explain #8.
10) I love ice cream (specifically, cookies and cream). We even served ice cream cake at our wedding!
And now, onto my nominees! It’s hard to choose because there are so many that I love, but for today, I’m going with the following beautiful, creative blogs:
3) Design Dump
8) Sara Farrar
10) Calamity Anne
Thanks again, Alely! Have fun checking out the links, everyone!