prepare yourselves for a bit of randomness.
1) I’m being a rebel today and not capitalizing my post title. Because I like to live life on the edge. And because sometimes I feel like capitalizing things is too formal, and I’m not formal. On the other hand, I am a language arts teacher and I spend the better part of each year telling kids not to use things like “alot”, so I sometimes feel bad going against the rules of English. But not that bad.
2) At another yard sale last weekend, I got a watch/heart rate monitor that had only been used once. I had been thinking of asking for one for Christmas, so I was thrilled to find one for a fraction of the retail price. I wore it to the gym last week, and it turns out that I have been working out waaay above my zone. It also turns out that my husband was well aware of the fact that I am a psycho elliptical maniac but knew that it would take cold hard data to convince me.
3) Normally, I try to limit my Diet Dr. Pepper intake to one on Monday (because it’s Monday) and one on Friday (because I’ve made it through the week) Last week I broke this rule times fifty. This may be associated with the amount of e-mails in my inbox.
4) I bought Zach socks for his birthday. Yes, I did buy him other things. But I also bought him socks because I am 87 years old at heart (and because he never wants anything which is good, but terrible for birthdays). In my defense, they were nice socks.
5) In our small groups at church, we are reading Radical by David Platt. I’m only about halfway through the book, but so far I LOVE it. Several of the points he brings up are things that I have sat in church and thought about, but assumed I must be wrong because the environment around me was so contrary to those ideas. It is also challenging Zach and I in awesome ways. Just was a warning: it is not for the faint of heart or easily offended.
6) I am not a cold weather fan, but I’m kind of ready for a chill to be in the air purely so I can light my pumpkin spice candle.
7) Cold weather or not, I could not be stopped from buying candy corn last week.
8) We went to Starbucks a couple of weeks ago, and I was thrilled to see that they have solved my “it’s almost fall and I want a pumpkin spice latte but I live in the south and it’s still 90-something degrees outside” dilemma. Enter: the pumpkin spice frappachino.
9) Why is so much of this post about food?
10) My husband sent me this last week. The Wolfpack is also 3-0 for the first time since before I was in college. We are also not currently entangled in any crazy tutorgate scandals. Just throwing that out there, in case anyone who is partial to baby blue was wondering. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704554104575435563989873060.html?mod=yahoo_free
11) My nephews are doing well. They will need to stay in the hospital for a while , but we’re happy that they are making progress. Zane took his first feeding this weekend. Pray that they will become healthy eaters!