…and I wasn’t really counting down the days until today. Today, I am very ready for sleeping in and having a break from work, even though we do have a pretty amazing, adorable batch of kids this year, if I do say so myself. So, for today, I have a bunch of random.
1) I have a feeling that this is going to get me through many frigid, dark mornings this winter. Thank you free 60-day membership to BJs.
2) I’m currently reading the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I started them this summer when I was looking for a literature circle book to read at school this year, and now I’m borrowing our school copies because I have to know how they end. Really entertaining. Kind of depressing, but I’ve always been a fan of survival/ dystopian literature (my favorite book we read in high school was Lord of the Flies). Why can I not figure out how to underline in WordPress?
3) We have ants in our kitchen. This is driving me insane, mainly because I take it personally. I don’t leave dishes in the sink and I’m kind of a cleaning maniac. Somehow, seeing little black things crawling around in our sink is kind of like a slap in the face. Currently, one side of our sink is filled with bleach water in a homemade extermination effort. I will not be defeated.
4) I’m not sure what it is about fall, but this time of year always helps me get my rear in gear (wow rhyming overload) as far as craftiness and projects are concerned. I have a few things to share with you, but it was too dark by the time I got home today to take any pictures. Soon!
5) I heard this song for the first time on the way home from work today and I totally loved it. Zach and I are both Train fans. We got to see them in concert at our favorite local venue a few years ago…even though the salesperson we got the tickets from accidentally sold us tickets to Celtic Woman and would not refund our money. Fye I will never buy concert tickets from you again.
6) We took our students gleaning a few weeks ago and had a great time. We gleaned a total of 3 tons of apples! The trip was done in conjunction with our Food unit. We are reading the youth edition of Michael Pollan’s Omnivore’s Dilemma (again with the not underlining) and looking at where our food comes from and why. It’s been so much fun to watch the kids processing these ideas, not to mention thinking and learning more myself.
7) Pumpkin candles amaze me. Their ability to create instant coziness is crazy. I tried discussing this concept with Zach…he didn’t get it.
8) Baby Moses is out of the hospital!! Zane had a second surgery today to repair his intestine, and we are waiting to hear the results. Please continue to keep Robby, Emily and my nephews in your prayers. I may or may not have bought them matching NC State snowsuits at a recent yard sale and can’t wait to see them in them (even though we’ll have to wait a year).
9) My creativity is zapped for the night, so I’m off to check the bleach water and rejoice over the fatalities.